EMDR Therapy is a powerful, evidence-based treatment for children, teens, and adults. More than 30 positive controlled research studies support the benefits of EMDR Therapy for treatment of depression, trauma, and more. EMDR Therapy can dramatically reduce or eliminate disturbing symptoms, distressing emotions, and unwanted behaviors while fostering positive new perspectives and increased resilience.
Throughout this Basic Training, we will emphasize appropriate client selection, preparation, and stabilization for diverse levels of client complexity and clinical expertise.
Basic Training Course Includes:
- 20 Hours Lecture
- 20 Hours Small Group Practicum
Who is Eligible to Attend?
EMDRIA Sets the Standards for Attendance.
- Licensed Clinicians
- Social Workers
- Mental Health Counselors
- Marriage and Family Therapists
- Psychiatric ARNPs
- Graduate Students in Internship with Active Caseloads
- Two, Three-Day Training Weekends
- Supervised small group practice on each training day
- EMDRIA-Approved Basic Training setting the stage for EMDRIA Certification
- Physiological overview of the information processing system.
- Specialized history taking to identify dysfunctional patterns and their causes
- Treatment planning to address past events, current triggers and future needs
- Stabilization techniques across the attachment spectrum
- Reduction of overt symptoms to achieve comprehensive mental health
- Address the full range of trauma and other disturbing life events
- Applications to combat trauma and first responders
- Applications to addictions, grief, anxiety, depression, and somatic disorders
- Applications to natural and man-made disasters
- Applications to family and couples therapy
1. Identify the parameters treatable with EMDR therapy to safely and effectively implement EMDR therapy with clients
2. Describe 3 aspects of the AIP Model for effective case conceptualization and treatment planning
3. List 6 types of client complaints treatable with EMDR therapy
4. Describe the criteria for client selection and how to apply to client cases
5. Describe 3 safety measures for effective and safe use of EMDR therapy
1. Describe 3 strategies to identify and effectively resolve problem areas in the utilization of EMDR therapy
2. Describe protocols for closing down incomplete sessions
3. Describe 3 resources to use with struggling or defended clients
4. Describe a treatment plan to choose and prioritize targets appropriate for EMDR treatment
5. Describe strategies for dealing with highly emotional responses
6. Describe strategies for dealing with dissociative symptoms and phobias
7. Describe strategies to treat more complex trauma-related disorders
This is an EMDR Institute Regional Training, delivering Dr. Francine Shapiro and the EMDR Institute's fully accredited, research-validated training manual and materials in a personalized environment at an affordable price. This course meets EMDRIA requirements and includes all lecture, and practicum hours.
Ten hours of Basic Consultation with an EMDR Institute Consultant are required for completion of the training. Consultation is not included in your registration fee. During the training, you’ll be provided with detailed guidance and options for selecting a consultant and completing your consultation hours.
About the Presenter:
Claire Mauer, LMHC, NCC is the co-founder of Connect EMDR Training & Consulting, which offers a range of basic and advanced EMDR training and consultation, building communities of skilled, trauma-informed clinicians. Known for her clear and dynamic training style, she has had the honor of training hundreds of EMDR clinicians across the country, providing a supportive and stimulating environment for learning and practicing new skills. She also thrives on working with both new and experienced EMDR therapists as an EMDRIA-approved Consultant, EMDR Institute Training Facilitator, and EMDR Institute Regional Trainer. In her Orlando, FL private practice, Mauer specializes in the treatment of traumatic stress and anxiety-based disorders.
Sunday, December 6, 2020 at 8:30am to 4:00pmVirtual Event